Embedding a YouTube video in ANGEL
In ANGEL 7.4, it’s easier than ever to embed a YouTube video right into your course. An embedded video resides on YouTube’s servers, rather than inside your course. The code that’s inserted (i.e., embedded) into your course makes it look as if the video resides there.
You can embed a video into almost any widget or type of course content: any place you can edit with the ANGEL editor. Here are the steps:
1. In the ANGEL editor, click the arrow next to the edit/insert media button.
2. In the drop-down menu that appears, click on Google Media.
3. In the dialog box that appears next, you can search for the video you want (a prior search in YouTube is suggested so that you know what you’re looking for).
4. Enter your search term(s).
5. Click Go.
6. Click the embed button to embed the video in ANGEL.
Your video now appears in your ANGEL page! You can test the video once you save the page.
If you have any questions about this topic or any other use of ANGEL, please contact your Center’s FIT for assistance.