Categories

Archives

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Silvia Chelala

I am a mentor in the broad area of Cultural Studies. My educational background includes a BA in English, a MA in American Literature and a PhD in Applied Linguistics. Here at ESC, I work with student in face to face mentoring and at a distance, in structured on-line courses or independent studies. I work with students on writing at different levels. In addition to the work I do at Long Island, I advise and work with students in the Center for International Programs in Prague (Czech Republic) and Tirana (Albania). This work centers mainly in the area of communications. I designed an ELL program and taught skills assessment prior to joining the faculty of this college. I serve as a consultant to higher education institutions both the US and in Argentina. I have a particular interest in issues of cultural diversity.